Reclaim Your Smile with Dentures & Partials
If you have multiple missing teeth, there are a variety of ways you can have them replaced. For many, dentures and partial dentures in Lenexa are the best way to restore their ability to eat, speak, and smile with ease. Are they right for you? Dentures, in one form or another, have been used for generations to help patients rebuild their smiles, and they are still one of the most reliable and affordable solutions available today.
The Different Types of Dentures
Modern-day dentures are much smaller, sleeker, and more natural-looking than the ones your parents or grandparents might have worn. Advancements in the materials and techniques used to craft dentures have now made them extremely similar to real teeth, enabling them to better restore a patient’s confidence and oral function at the same time.
They are made of prosthetic ceramic teeth attached to a gum-colored acrylic base, and there are two main types:
- Partial Dentures: These can be used to replace multiple missing teeth along a single arch while fitting in seamlessly among a patient’s remaining teeth. They are held in place using small metal clasps that hold onto neighboring teeth.
- Full Dentures: These can be used to restore an entire arch of missing teeth. They fit directly onto the gums and are secured using natural suction and/or a bit of denture adhesive.
Both types are removable, making it easy for patients to clean them and store them while sleeping.
However, if a patient would like to have a more stable prosthetic that doesn’t need to be removed, they may prefer to get an implant-retained denture. With this, the denture is attached to small titanium posts that are placed directly into the jawbone, providing longer-lasting and more natural-looking results overall.
The Cost of Dentures
The price of dentures is quite flexible depending on how many teeth you need replaced and what level of customization you desire. A fact to keep in mind is that dentures of all kinds are expected to last for at least 5-7 years, which can actually reduce their daily cost to less than a dollar:
- A partial denture can cost anywhere from $300-$1,200. This means a high-end partial denture that last for 5 years will only cost about 65 cents per day.
- A full denture, on the other hand, can cost anywhere from $1,200-$2,500. Again, if you get the best full dentures money can buy and they last for the minimum of 5 years, they will only cost about a dollar a day.
- And, for the most comprehensive solution available today, implant-retained dentures, you can expect to pay about $5,000-$6,000. That means it only cost you about $3 a day to have your complete smile back.
Given that they can help a patient eat their favorite foods, speak eloquently, and smile with confidence again, dentures are clearly worth the investment.
Have Any Questions?
If you have been dealing with multiple missing teeth for a while now, know that it only costs a few dollars a day to get your smile back, and with it, your quality of life. Dentures have helped millions of people across the generations, and with your dentist in Lenexa, they can do the same for you.
If you have any questions about dentures, their cost, or if you’d like to schedule an appointment to talk about your options, please contact us today.
Article composed with the online wysiwyg editor. Please subscribe for a membership to remove promotional messages like this one from the edited documents.